The Alumni Council is a group of highly-dedicated individuals who govern and represent the Elizabethtown College Alumni Association (ECAA). They serve as the voice of all Blue Jays and aim to create mutually-beneficial bonds between alumni and Elizabethtown College. The Council also provides strategic direction for the ECAA on all matters related to alumni, alumni relations and alumni engagement. Guided by the ECAA Constitution and By-Laws
, this group consists of seven (7) standing committees and holds four (4) meetings throughout the year.
Alumni Council Members
Alumni Council Committees
- The Alumni Council currently consists of 28 elected members and 15 emeriti members representing seven (7) decades of class years and a diverse range of academic, co-curricular and professional backgrounds.
Join us! If you love E-town and are interested in making a difference on campus and within the ECAA, consider applying for a seat on the Alumni Council.
- Executive Committee:
- The Executive Committee is responsible for leading the efforts of the
- President: Ryan Unger '01
- Vice President: Patti (Kramer) Hivner '86
- Secretary: Lindsey Hilbrecht '06
- Membership Committee:
- The Membership Committee is charged with actively recruiting and maintaining members that comprise a strong, vibrant and active Alumni Council. Anyone interested in applying for membership on the Alumni Council may do so via the online membership application form.
- Chair: Patti (Kramer) Hivner '86
- Awards Committee:
The Awards Committee has the primary task of for seeking eligible nominees for the Educate For Service Awards and Distinguished GOLD (Graduate of the Last Decade) Award, and to recommend additional appropriate honors for consideration by the Council that recognize significant achievements by members of the ECAA as such opportunities arise.
- Chair: William "Billy" Houder '05
- Program Committee:
- The Program Committee is responsible for collaborating with
the Office of Alumni Relations staff for the purpose of supporting the
continued development of ECAA-related programming and engagement
- Development Committee:
- The Development Committee is charged with collaborating with the Office of Development staff for the purpose of supporting the College's annual giving program.
- Alumni Chapters Committee:
- The Alumni Chapters Committee serve as the voice for and the liaison between the regional alumni chapters and the Council.
- Co-Chairs: Ashley Hanks '05 and Tom Yencho '97
- Affinity Clubs Committee:
- The Affinity Clubs Committee serves as the voice for and the liaison between the Alumni groups based upon common interests, activities or backgrounds and the Council.